Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prints of Paintings


One of my models asked me to get a print made for her of the image I painted of her (see picture).  I found a terrific place here in Richmond that makes prints, Staples Fine Art, and took the huge 46"x46" piece over there to have it scanned and printed.  I just picked it up today.  They did a fantastic job!  It's 30"x30".  The color is wonderfully reproduced.  It's excellently stretched on canvas stretchers.

Now that I know how to do it, I'll be able to do it more easily next time, so if you'd like a print of one of my pictures, be sure to ask!  They're now available!





This evening I'll be teaching my Beginning Pastel students how to draw fruit with the emphasis on composition, mark-making and value.  I love teaching this class in particular because it's so cool to see how much they're able to do once they learn the basic tips about value.  It's amazing how accurate a drawing looks if the value is correct.  (Value is how light and dark things are.  It helps create form.)

Here are some pictures of apples I've drawn which show the importance of value in creating form.  See how the dark side tends to curve under?




No comments:

Post a Comment