Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Piece!

I had a lot of fun yesterday starting a new canvas!  I was planning to do a different pose for this model, but Chris hasn't had time to make a canvas for me with all the hurry and flurry of Christmas, so I decided to paint a pose I could put on a ready made canvas I already had.  I'm glad it worked out that way.  I'm really enjoying doing this piece.

I gridded it in the morning then mixed my paints then decided to put the first layer on with my hands.  I'll do that sometimes when I'm wanting to be loose and free with the paint application.  Sometimes I continue using my hands throughout, but this time after a while I used a brush so I could get some of the areas more accurate.  The first photo is of the canvas after I'd only used my hands.  The second is after about an hour or so with a brush.  I'm itching to get back out to the studio right this minute so I'm not going to write much more!

I do want to wish you all a very Happy New Year!  May this be a wonderfully creative, satisfying, joyful year full of cherished times with loved ones.  May all your creative dreams come true!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment