Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekend Plans... Rob Vander Zee and Sacred Flesh

What a strange day today!  I think I'm actually done with preparations for the show!  That means I've had relaxed time to spend with my daughter who's leaving for Germany for the year tomorrow.  And I had time to make a nice lunch.  And I can even think about making dinner too.  This is novel behavior this month!  I hope I can get used to it.

Tomorrow is the Preview at the gallery from 5-7.  208 W Broad St, Richmond, 23220.  Visual Art Studio.  Be there or be square!

Friday I'm taking an art class for the whole weekend at Crossroads Art Center with Rob Vander Zee.  I saw the advertisement for his class and immediately felt drawn to take it.  There have been a few times in my life when I have just known there was a right thing to do.  Whenever I've followed such strong leadings, it has proven to be the right thing to do.

One such leading occurred at Quaker Meeting when I saw an advertisement for a singing weekend.  It just felt like the right thing to do so I signed up.  While there, I met a person who became very important in my life and set the trajectory of it for the next several years.  That was a good leading!

I love it when it happens because it's exciting to see what comes from it, so I'm really looking forward to the class.  Rob teaches classical forms of painting and talks a lot about marketing.  He's located in DC, so I'm hoping he'll be able to give me some tips about galleries that might be interested in my work in that area.  Who knows what the future holds?  I'm curious to find out!

After class Friday is the opening for Sacred Flesh!  Super exciting!  I'm really looking forward to seeing people there and sharing my work with the public.  Many of the models will be coming to the Artist's Talk to talk about their experience modeling for me or simply just to see the work.  It should be a very fun evening!  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment