Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Crazy busy day, and "Don't mess with me!"

"Don't Mess With Me!"

Closeup of necklace

Way too tired to write anything of note tonight, but I wanted to post these pictures of "Don't Mess with Me!" as she is now.  I worked on the necklace a lot the other day.

Today I tutored, took the catalogue files back to the printer once I'd re-worked almost all of them, tutored some more, worked on an application for a grant which is due TOMORROW!, visited with my lovely daughter who just got home for a couple of weeks before a year in Germany then worked on the grant application some more.  I'm not quite done and it has to be postmarked the 15th.  I have an appointment tomorrow at 7 AM to go over the contract for the publishing company tomorrow, then, at 9, an appointment to get my work scanned for said publishing company.  9:30 or 10 will find me picking up art a friend was kind enough to transport here from NC.  After that it's back to the printer to OK the proof (hopefully!) so the catalogue can be printed.  I think I'll take a nap after that.  Then I'll have to print out the grant application and double-check it before I put it in the mail with best wishes for a bon voyage and successful application.  Then there's laundry to do, meals to cook, cats to care for, and maybe, just maybe, a painting to work on somewhere in there!

To anyone who thinks all artists do is sit in their studio and play, they can read this blog and revise their picture just a tiny bit!  Sometimes it's quite a lot of work too!  It's all good - just a bit much at times when everything needs to be done at once.


Off to bed.  It's almost 1 AM.  5:45 is going to come VERY early!

1 comment:

  1. "To anyone who thinks all artists do is sit in their studio and play, they can read this blog and revise their picture just a tiny bit! "

    That is a huge understatement. I began my blog to bring to my clients some sense of my life as a person in addition to being an artist. It's most difficult when the expectations of others don't match the reality of your life. You are wonderful to share yourself with us and brave to be as open as you are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete