Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sacred Flesh is up and ready to be seen!

Chris, Laura (my daughter) and I spent the day today hanging Sacred Flesh at Visual Art Studio!  Chris and I had spent several hours a few weeks ago laying out which pieces we would put where, but once we were in the studio we changed our minds about several of the pieces.  It was fun hanging all the paintings and drawings and the results of almost two years worth of work on the walls at one time.  I think it looks quite good.  I loved being in the midst of so many of my models at one time.  I'm very excited now for Thursday and Friday nights when the crowds will come. 

Here are the events for the week regarding the show:

Thursday evening, September 30, from 5-7 there will be a Preview for Discerning Viewers - what that means is anyone who would like to can come take a look at the art at a time when the galleries aren't as crowded as they are on First Friday.  I'll be there until 6:30 when I have to leave to go teach my pastels class.

Friday evening, October 1, at 5:15 I'll give an Artist's Talk about the show.  Several of the models will be there to answer questions as well.  It'll be a great opportunity to ask whatever has been on your mind as you've watched this show evolve.  The talk will (hopefully) be on YouTube later if you miss it Friday.

Friday evening, October 1, beginning at 6:30 and going until about 9:30 is First Friday, a great opportunity to explore and be a part of Richmond's art scene.  All the galleries along Broad Street stay open late; street musician, magicians, fire eaters, jugglers, etc. come out to perform; anyone who is anyone goes there to be seen!  It is a very fun way to spend the evening, checking out the culture that is Richmond and seeing scores of people you know.  I'll be at the gallery that evening until we close around 9:30 or 10. 

If you can't make it this week, the gallery is open during the week and on weekends (see the website for hours).  I'll be there the Third Saturday, October 16 for Saturday Stroll from 1-4.

Thursday, November 4, from 5-7 there will be another Preview for Discerning Viewers with a new set of pictures.  I had so many paintings, I couldn't fit them all in one show, so I'll be trading out pieces for the November showing. 

Friday evening, November 5, 5:30 I'll be giving another Artist's Talk about the new work as well as the work in general.

Friday evening, November 5, 6:30 - 9:30 is one of the best attended First Fridays of the year.  People come out to enjoy the nip in the air and to shop for Christmas presents for their loved ones as well as to enjoy the festivities.

Saturday, November 20, 1-4, is another Saturday Stroll.  I'll be there to talk to folks about my work.

Catalogues and prints will be available at the gallery during the show as well.

It would be wonderful to see you at one of these events.  I hope you'll introduce yourself if we don't know each other already.  I look forward to meeting you!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment