I got to spend a lot of time painting today. I worked exclusively on Mother and Daughter Jocks. I think I finally got the daughter's face to look good. Chris told me he was glad because she hadn't looked human before. Ouch! I realized that I had her nose up too high so I moved it down. I guess that helped. I also narrowed her face and fixed her teeth. I am amazed by how difficult it is to paint teeth well. They change a person's personality so much. It's no wonder dental records can be used to identify a person. I think teeth are as individual as a fingerprint - and just as difficult to paint!
I probably need another 8 hours on this piece to finish up some details and to make sure everything is just right, then I'll have the pleasure of being able to enjoy it from a distance rather than from 6" away as I work on it!