Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am blessed with friends and acquaintances who notice links they think I'd be interested in and pass them on to me.  Just yesterday, one of my Facebook friends sent me a link to an article in Psychology Today called "Ten Politically incorrect Truths About Human Nature."  Good title.  It's accurate (that the truths are politically incorrect!)

Here is a synopsis of the Truths they are talking about:

1. Men like blond bombshells
2. Humans are naturally polygamous.
3. Most women benefit from polygyny while most men benefit from monogamy.
4. Most suicide bombers are Muslim.
5. Having sons reduces the likelihood of divorce.
6. Beautiful people have more daughters.
7. What Bill Gates and Paul McCartney have in common with criminals.
8. The midlife crisis is a myth - sort of.
9. It's natural for politicians to risk everything for an affair - but only if they're male.
10. Men sexually harass women because they are not sexist.

Curious?  Riled up?  I'll admit I am.  The claims seem to be backed up by research, and some of what they're saying I agree with, but I still don't see a reason to excuse poor behavior just because of evolutionary biology.  That's why we were blessed with brains and free will, for Pete's sake!

Here's the link in case you can't wait to find out what this is all about:
Psychology Today's website

No comments:

Post a Comment