Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Art on Trial

My husband found a link to a website with information about a nude painting not being allowed to exist in public.  It was a mural in Pilot Point, TX.  The owner of the store was told to get rid of the picture because it was harmful to children who would see it.  The owner chose to cover the model's breasts with Caution Tape and hang a sign saying it was censored instead.  The trial has not yet been decided.

Interestingly, Caution Tape was my coverage of choice as well when a couple of my models decided after I'd finished the painting that they didn't want their faces to show after all.  I thought it was a very elegant solution and actually improved the painting's message as well.  The title of this piece is Mother and Daughter Jocks Bound by Caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment