Sunday, January 6, 2013

What's next? Who knows?

The kids a couple of nights ago when we all got to have dinner together.  Such a treat to have them all in one place!
I'm in an odd place right now - just back from a month long voyage to brand new places with brand new people.  The kids were here when I returned and two left today for China and Germany for the next 6 months, leaving Chris and me in the house alone.  The classes I teach have not yet begun (www.SusanSinger.com if you want to see what they are or want to join them!) and won't start until the 16th of Jan.  I don't have a series of paintings I'm working on and don't know what they'll be of when I do.  I don't have any shows lined up. I haven't gotten back to One Billion Rising yet.  I haven't seen my friends again since arriving home.  My groups (women's group and writing group and art group) haven't started up for the new year yet.  Chris and I were fantasizing about moving (and maybe starting a retreat center??!!) before I left - that's completely up in the air right now.

I'm not yet feeling like I'm back home, but I'm certainly not on the ship anymore.  I don't know where I'm headed, nor where I want to head.

It isn't an uncomfortable place to be - just unfamiliar.  I usually am very clear about where I'm headed and what I want to be working on.  Right now, though, I'm feeling curious and vaguely filled with anticipation, as if a gift is coming my way and all I need do is be open to it.  I sense that something delicious is right around the corner and that my task is to pay enough attention that I know it when I see it.

Where are you in your life these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment