Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reminiscent of Cassatt's Baby Reaching for an Apple

Tomorrow I'm going to start work on a picture I took the other day which reminds me of Mary Cassatt's painting at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Baby Reaching for an Apple. 

My model decided to be bold and go outside to have me photograph her there.  She seemed to have a wonderful time wandering through the creek and exploring the area.  At one point I captured her reaching up for a leaf with a beautiful expression of joy.  I think it's her reaching hand as well as her sense of wonder and delight which remind me of the Cassatt painting.  I'm looking forward to working on this one.  I haven't painted the great outdoors in this much detail before, so, as my model said, this will be quite a challenge!  I'll post pictures as the painting evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment