Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kate Wilson's Sisterhood

One of my friends posted a link on Facebook the other day for a poet named Kate Wilson.  She has written a poem called "Sisterhood" which she performs on YouTube.  It's quite powerful.  It's all about the same issues I write about all the time condensed into 4 minutes.

I emailed her to see if she would be OK with my posting her poem.  We had a nice email chat, and I realized there are a lot of artists working towards the same end - ending oppression around body image.  How would it be if we all banded together to get our message out there more powerfully?

To that end, if you know of other artists (or are one yourself) who are doing work around women's body image, I would be grateful if you could send me the link to their work.  I will post links to their work here on the blog so we can begin a community of like-minded folks.  The more aware people become of this issue, the greater the possibility that one day we won't be so bound by pain and anguish around how we look.

Let's start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment